Friday, July 31, 2015

FIRST SKETCHES OF FACES

In these days I have been reading and getting inspired by the truly wonderful book suggested to me by Sian - 'Drawing Projects' by Mick Maslen and Jack Southern. I'm using it as a tool to get into the habit of sketching and as a warm up. Here are some first sketches of faces in my Ipad photo library, based on projects of the book.


DRAWING WITH A PENCIL HELD LOOSELY


These are sketched holding a pencil at different lengths, halfway, at its point or attached at a stick of 30 and 60 centimetres, or a mixture of them as in the bigger drawing on the right. The idea being losing control on the pencil the further away it is held.

SKETCHES WITH TWO/THREE PENCILS
Two pencils, or pencil and biro/fibre pen.
Three pencils and eraser

TACTILE SELF PORTRAITS

This is really a very inspiring exercise and I think I shall repeat it again! With eyes closed, you touch your face with a hand and draw what you feel with your other one.

Using pencils

Using a fibre pen


2 comments:

  1. What fabulous drawings Daniela! I must try to get a copy of that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a very good book, definitely worth every penny

      Delete