Still working on the background


Again I’m sorry for the very bad quality of the images, but it’s still dark and rainy and I want to record what I’ve done so far before getting on.

I’ve been adding some more embroidery plus various bits and pieces to my background, like momigami treated papers and dyed cheesecloth. I left the edges still basically unstitched and ‘empty’ since I wish to be able to insert new elements at a later stage.

Now that the background is more or less developed I’m going to switch my attention from the whole to the single pages and see what becomes of them! I think at this point I have to fold up my book and consider how it looks in 3D. I will also have to decide what to do with the edges and the spines … I have a fairly clear idea of how the book is going to look in the end but I’d like to keep an open mind to new inputs.   
Assessment stage 3-7Assessment stage 3-2Assessment stage 3-4Assessment stage 3-1Assessment stage 3-9

Comments

  1. lavori decisamente originali, ma soprattutto i colori sono veramente delicati, gradevoli.
    ciao
    antonio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts